Brushing your teeth twice a day is not enough to remove the stains on the teeth caused by food remains coffee, bacteria e.t.c.
However, keeping them clean is a necessity. It will save you from multiple oral problems and reduce the chances of decay. For cleaning your teeth regularly and efficiently at home, our dentists at Springs Dental advises that you-
- Brush your teeth systematically for at least two to three minutes each morning and evening.
- Use dental floss or inter-dental brushes once a day, ideally in the evening and before brushing your teeth in the evening.
- You can use an electric toothbrush, in case you have no time to brush manually.
- Reduce your sugar intake.
- Use table salt containing fluoride.
- Chew sugar-free dental chewing gum after meals.
Professional teeth cleaning
Teeth cleaning is a professional cleaning done by a dentist. Here, professional tools such as an ultrasonic cleaner, water sprayer, rotary toothbrush, hand scaler e.t.c are used to remove bacteria build-up, plaque, tartar from the teeth. The teeth are then whitened using a whitening gel; a fluoride treatment is given to strengthen the teeth.
Electric toothbrushes are ahead of manual toothbrushes in terms of effectiveness. Another advantage: with the electric toothbrush, you usually have clean teeth faster. However, you should brush your teeth for at least two minutes; otherwise, the fluoride contained in the toothpaste will not work properly.
Visit Springs Dental Clinic today. Please book an appointment with our dentist and have bright, shining teeth; remember, your smile is your greatest asset.